The McCloskey School is committed to working in partnership with parents to provide a high quality, developmentally responsive curriculum and experientially-based programs which are respectful of the diverse characteristics and needs of pre and early adolescent children. Our mission is to help students become good citizens, healthy, caring, ethical, physically active, and intellectually reflective individuals who believe that life is enriched by learning.
• Educators committed to young adolescents
• A shared vision
• High expectations for all
• An adult advocate for every student
• Family and community partnerships
• A positive school climate
• Curriculum that is challenging, integrative, and exploratory
• Varied teaching and learning approaches
• Assessment and evaluation that promote learning
• Flexible organizational structures
• Programs and policies that foster health, wellness, and
• Comprehensive guidance and support services
Adapted from National Middle School Association. (1995). This
We Believe: Developmentally Responsive Middle Level Schools.