For a printable .PDF version of the
CLICK HERE >>
Children need healthy meals to learn!
The Uxbridge Public Schools offers healthy meals
every school day. Breakfast costs $1.25; lunch costs $2.75 elementary,
$3.00 middle & high school. Your children may qualify for free meals or
for reduced price meals. Reduced price is .30 for breakfast and .40 for
In order to qualify, download, complete, and submit
the application using link listed at top of the page.
1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to:
Stephanie Barstow, Food Service Director, 21 South Main St. Uxbridge, Mass. , 01569 508-278-8644.
2. Who can get free meals? Children in households getting Food Stamps or TANF and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free price meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines.
3. Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals? Please call your child’s school to see if your child(ren) qualify, if you have not been informed that they will get free meals.
4. Who can get reduced price meals? Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, shown on this application.
5. Should I fill out an application if I got a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced price meals? Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. Call the food service director at 508-278-8644 if you have questions.
6. I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?
Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.
7. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.
8. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps, TANF or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals.
9. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Don Sawyer, Director of Adminstration and Finance, 15 Mendon St., Uxbridge, MA 01569 508-278-8648.
10. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.
11. Who should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.
12. What if my income is not always the
same? List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.
13. We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income? If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.
If you have other questions or need help,
Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono:
i vous voudriez d’aide, contactez nous au numero: